I was going to show the OSTO to Chris Tyler and earlier that day, because demos never work, I tried it, from the Seneca network.
Turns out already the OSTD is a victim of its own success. When translating the ISO Master POT file I get almost 6000 translated strings in 153 languages. I you do a bit of math – that’s a lot of text. 2.8MB in fact.
Well the problem is that 2.8MB of stuff needs to be downloaded from the server, and it can take quite a while.
Luckily Chris immediately suggested that I enable gzip compression on Apache. I thought that it was enabled by default, but I was wrong. Here’s what I was missing:
Seems to work great, thanks again Chris :)