Safe For Seneca

I’ve been considering a project idea for Seneca’s partnership with Creative Commons. For that idea to work I would need a tool to create perceptual hashes from images that: Give true positive results when comparing images that were resized, and/or their colours changed. Give very few (near zero percent) false positive results. Too many false …

Continue reading Perceptual hash comparison: pHash vs Blockhash: false positives

Disgusting: for L in `cat lang.txt | cut -f 2,3,4,5 -d’ ‘ | sed ‘s/^.//’ | sed ‘s/.$//’ | sort`; do echo -n “$L “; done More disgusting: cat lang.txt | sort | awk ‘{ a=substr($2$3, 2); sub(“)$”, “”, a); print ” \””$1″\”, \””a”\”, \”The <a href=\x27http://littlesvr.ca/ostd/\x27>OSTD</a>\”,” ; }’ It reminds me of when I …

Continue reading I’m ashamed I wrote this

After more than a year of work I finally got this app into a stable, usable state and published it. Everyone’s Timetable is an Android app to help people in a school share their timetable. It’s particularly useful for finding a professor’s timetable though I’ve discovered it’s actually quite a handy way to look at …

Continue reading Announcing Everyone’s Timetable

One of the interesting challenges working on Everyone’s Timetable is that it’s a live application with a server backend. That means that any one of the following can cause a very serious problem: A change to the Android app that’s not compatible with the PHP server code A change to the PHP server code that’s …

Continue reading Development/production setup for work on live Android app with a server backend