AsunderHome | Downloads | Screenshots | Credits | Translations | Donate | Contact
Asunder is a graphical Audio CD ripper and encoder for Linux. You can use it to save tracks from an Audio CD as any of WAV, MP3, OGG, FLAC, Opus, WavPack, Musepack, AAC, and Monkey's Audio files.
Asunder is translatable! Please see the translations page if you're interested in seing Asunder in your language.
Please use the contact form to email me any bugs or suggestions. That will help a lot. Thanks.
- Can save audio tracks as WAV, MP3, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, Opus, Wavpack, Musepack, AAC, and Monkey's audio files
- Uses CDDB to name and tag each track
- Creates M3U playlists
- Can encode to multiple formats in one session
- Simultaneous rip and encode
- Allows for each track to be by a different artist
- Does not require a specific desktop environment
- GTK 2.4 or greater
- Libcddb 0.9.5 or greater
- LAME (optional for MP3 support)
- Vorbis-Tools (optional for Ogg Vorbis support)
- FLAC (optional for FLAC support)
- Opus (optional for Opus support)
- WavPack (optional for WavPack support)
- mpcenc (optional for Musepack support)
- neroAacEnc (optional for AAC support)
- mac (optional for Monkey's Audio support)
From the Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary:asunder
- adv literary [Language: Old English] to be torn violently apart