Slice has a neat feature – it can save a session in an XML file, and that can be loaded later. I’ve been planning to use that for examining the annotations students make.

The problem was that the load session feature didn’t work so well. It was giving me different errors on different machines, including a C# exception on one of them.

All the errors had to do with networking, so my original plan was to disable networking completely. When I realised it – I thought it was unfortunate that pretty much everything revolves around networking (original design/requirement), but as I was digging into it I realised that the saved session XML is in the same format as the UI XML. Then I tried to load the session on startup, which worked.

So I’m not fixing that bug, since I have a way around it.